WAX CARVING JEWELLERY CLASS - MAKE A BESPOKE RING - Morning Session
We have compiled a list of hints & tips for you on how to care for your Lenique Louis jewellery, so it will look as lovely as the day you received it.
- Store your jewellery separately, so it doesn’t rub & scratch against each other.
- Acid free tissue is an excellent way to store the jewellery.
- Do not store jewellery next to heating vents, windowsills or in the bathroom.
- Damp and hot condition will cause the jewellery to tarnish badly.
- Skin and hair products can react, causing the silver to tarnish and erode the gold. Perfumes, lotions and creams will tarnish and corrode the jewellery.
- Apply any scents or cosmetics before you put on your jewellery.
- Hot weather, bright sunlight and perspiration can also speed up the tarnishing process and damage gemstones.
- Jewellery should always be taken off before the pool, shower or sea.
- A Silver 'Dip' solution is a great way to clean silver jewellery, but always make sure the jewellery is rinsed thoroughly with water afterwards.
- Take extra care when cleaning jewellery with gemstones & pearls and if unsure, do ask your local jeweller or contact us for further assistance.
LENIQUE LOUIS GOLD PLATING RECONDITIONING SERVICE
Gold-plate may in time slightly fade depending on wear and the amount of care taken. This gives the appearance that some of the gold plate has worn off. We do offer a full re-conditioning service for all Lenique Louis jewellery which lots of our clients use from time to time to keep their jewellery in pristine condition. Please contact us using the contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LENIQUE LOUIS REPAIRS & RE-CONDITIONING SERVICE
We offer a full repair and re-conditioning service for all Lenique Louis jewellery in our London workshop.
Repairs such as broken chains or accidentally damaged jewellery can also be undertaken.
We can clean, polish and check any jewellery for damage such as accidentally knocked gemstones and loose settings.
Please feel free to contact us for a quote using the contact form below.
If you have any questions or queries feel free to get in touch by email email@example.com or using our contact form below.
Ring size – Getting it right
At Lenique Louis, we like to make sure that your online shopping experience is as easy as possible. We understand the importance of getting the ring size right.
International Ring Sizer Chart
When measuring your ring size there are a few things to be aware of:
• Firstly, your fingers will change size slightly throughout the day. Physical activity, and temperature all have an effect.
• You shouldn't measure your ring size whilst your hands are cold, as your fingers can be up to half a size smaller at this time.
• A ring with a wider band will feel a little tighter than a very fine ring. Therefore we would always recommend buying a size larger than your usual ring size.
• Your ring should fit comfortably, feeling snug enough when you wear it that it won't fall off, but still be able to fit over your knuckle when you take it off.
If you are unsure of your ring size, then by far the best and most accurate way to find out, is to pay a visit to a local jewellers.
Learn the old age technique of lost wax carving with multi- award winning designer maker Lenique Louis. Learn how to create a bespoke ring. This is a jewellery course with a difference, as well as learning the process of wax carving your also get a deeper personal understanding of the process of the wax technique from the designer herself.
Wax carving is a technique used by jewellers to mould, carve and craft pieces of jewellery in a material that is easily shaped and forgiving. Wax allows makers to be creative and test ideas before committing to metal.
In this unique 3 hour class, we will show you the techniques on how to carve jeweller’s wax into a ring. You will create a detailed wax carved piece at the end of the class.
If you wish to have the wax ring cast in silver, there will be an additional cost of £50. Your wax ring will be cast, using the lost wax casting process and then finished in our studio. Then posted back to the hands that carved it. Payment for this can be taken on the day of your class.
Who is it for?
Complete beginners. This would also suit someone looking to expand their existing jewellery making skills.
What will I learn?
How to sculpt and carve jewellers wax. How to design and create a bespoke handmade ring in wax. Learn about the casting process.
What do I need to bring?
You don’t need to bring anything with you but if you have any inspiration such as sketches please feel free to bring them. Please wear long hair tied up, no open-toed shoes and no loose-fitting clothing. We provide all tools and materials.
Due to Covid-19, students will need to wear a face covering (unless exempt)
Where is the class held:?
3space International House, Canterbury Cres, Brixton SW9 7QE
Brixton underground station
Brixton overground station
Buses 59, 159, 133, 333, 3, 2, 322, 415, 109, 118, 250, 345,
Date and time:
Cancellations & Refunds
We reserve the right to cancel or postpone this workshop. In cases of unforeseeable circumstances like extreme weather, we will give as much notice as possible. If the event is cancelled or postponed due to low ticket sales, we will give a minimum of 2 days notice.
In either case, anyone who has purchased will be offered a full refund and/or a ticket to a future event.
Refunds can only be offered with a minimum of 14 days notice.
Spaces are limited for this course, if sold out please put your name on the waiting list for more pop-up classes in the coming weeks.