"Gemstone Meanings: Symbolism & Spiritual Significance"
Gemstones have been valued for their beauty and rarity for thousands of years. Many cultures also attribute various meanings and properties to different gemstones. Here are some of the most well-known gemstones and their associated meanings:
- Amethyst - This purple gemstone is believed to promote calmness and clarity of mind and is often used to enhance intuition and spiritual awareness.
- Aquamarine - This blue-green gemstone is said to promote courage and inner peace and is also associated with communication and self-expression.
- Diamond - The most famous and highly valued gemstone, diamonds are often associated with love, commitment, and clarity of thought.
- Emerald - This green gemstone is believed to enhance spiritual awareness and is also associated with fertility and abundance.
- Garnet - This deep red gemstone is said to enhance passion and creativity and is also associated with courage and protection.
- Moonstone - This iridescent gemstone is associated with the moon and is believed to enhance intuition, emotional balance, and creativity.
- Opal - This iridescent gemstone is said to enhance creativity, imagination, and intuition, and is also associated with love and passion.
- Pearl - This classic gemstone is often associated with purity, innocence, and wisdom, and is also believed to enhance emotional balance and self-esteem.
- Ruby - This deep red gemstone is associated with passion, love, and vitality, and is also said to enhance courage and strength.
- Sapphire - This blue gemstone is often associated with wisdom, truth, and spiritual enlightenment, and is also believed to enhance intuition and self-expression.
- Topaz - This yellow, blue, or pink gemstone is associated with abundance, success, and joy, and is also said to enhance mental clarity and creativity.
- Turquoise - This blue-green gemstone is often associated with protection and healing and is also believed to enhance communication and spiritual connection.
Picking out gemstones is an integral part of the bespoke jewellery process. Whether you are getting something made for yourself or for a loved one, picking the right gemstone is key.
Now you have the basic understanding of some gemstones and what they symbolise, now it’s time to think about what they mean to you. What gemstone speaks to you the most? How do you feel when looking at each stone? What's important to your loved one? How would they want to feel when wearing the gemstone? It might be the meaning that draws you in, or it could be the colour, shine and brilliance that catches your eye.
When you you’ve decided on a stone, or multiple – there are no rules! – the next call to action is to arrange a consultation with Lenique at our central London studio, to get the ball rolling on the journey of creating a jewellery piece just for you.
To arrange a consultation, simply email at email@example.com or use the contact form on our ‘Contact Us’ page.